Events Cds Workshop 1
This session further explores the features of OpenRefine. We’ll use OpenRefine to apply a set of steps to a dataset using the “Extract” and “Apply” features. We’ll be working with data types and regular expressions to write more complex transformations using General Refine Expression Language (GREL). We’ll use arrays in data transformation and learn how to export data in different formats.
- Work with columns and sorting to reorder, rename, remove, and sort columns
- Understand common transformations
- Use transformations to programmatically edit data
- Use GREL, the General Refine Expression Language and write a valid GREL expression
- Save and apply a set of steps to a new set of data using the “Extract” and “Apply” features
- Transform Strings, Numbers, Dates, and Booleans
- Use Arrays in data transformation
- Export data in different formats from OpenRefine
In this lesson, we further use OpenRefine to manipulate and enhance datasets. Please review episodes 1-5 from the OpenRefine carpentries curriculum which we covered in the previous session before attending this workshop.
Connect via Zoom
Please register for this event.
A URL to join the Zoom session will be emailed to you one hour before the workshop start time. To ensure access to the workshop from the virtual waiting room, your Zoom name should match the information provided when registering for the workshop. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or issues.
OpenRefine does not support Internet Explorer or Edge. For this session please use Firefox, Chrome or Safari instead. See Setup for more information. If you’d like help to address difficulties you encounter with setup, please contact email@example.com.
This workshop is open to all Undergraduates, Graduate Students, Postdocs, Faculty, Staff.